Students pursuing a Bachelor degree must complete the 24-hour Biblical Studies Core:
Biblical Studies Core Objectives
After completing the Biblical Studies Core, students should be able to
- Comprehend a basic understanding of Bible knowledge and Christian doctrine, including an understanding of man’s origin, purpose, and destiny from a biblical perspective.
- Develop proficiency in biblical studies methodology in biblical interpretation, and in appropriate application to the issues of life.
- Recognize the Bible as the foundational resource for developing a personal set of values through the integration of biblical truth into life.
- Develop a close relationship with God through a greater knowledge and application of His written Word.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the Gospel clearly and credibly.
- Know and value the heritage, history, and distinctiveness of the Fundamental Baptist movement.
- Be able to articulate a biblical worldview that will tie all fields of study to the Scriptures and to the God of the Scriptures.
Some majors have more specific Biblical Studies course requirements.
|Biblical Studies Core (24 Credits)||Credits|
|Requirements (18 Credits)|
|BIBI 111||Old Testament Survey||3|
|BIBI 112||New Testament Survey||3|
|BIBC 221||Baptist Heritage||3|
|BIBC 230||Christian Life and Leadership||3|
|BIBI 315||Bible Doctrine 1||3|
|BIBI 316||Bible Doctrine 2||3|
|Bible Course Electives (4-6 Credits)|
|BIBI 216||Hebrew History||3|
|BIBI 330||Proverbs and Ecclesiastes||3|
|BIBI 345||Gospel of John||3|
|BIBI 361||1 and 2 Corinthians||3|
|BIBI 384||James & 1 Peter||3|
|BIBI 386||Johannine Epistles||3|
|BIBI 390||Daniel & Revelation||3|
|BIBI 396||Pauline Epistles||3|
|Bible Application Electives (0-2 Credits)|
|BIBC 233||Modern Creationary Thought||3|
|BICO 241||Introduction to Biblical Counseling||3|