We have great news for future educators: Maranatha’s new Teacher Education Scholarship! Students could receive as much as $7,000 per year when the Teacher Education Scholarship and potential Pell Grant are combined.
Our Teacher Education program is second to none among Christian colleges. We have been training Christian educators for more than 40 years and have been eligible to certify our graduates for Wisconsin state teaching licenses since 1995.
The Teacher Education Scholarship is similar in many ways to our Bible and Church Ministries Scholarship, which can provide up to $20,000 over four years for students preparing for full-time vocational ministry.
You can find our alumni in Christian schools, public schools, homeschools, colleges and universities, preschools, special needs classrooms, schools for at-risk youth, and more. Education continues to be our most popular academic department—28 percent of Maranatha students had declared teacher education majors in the fall of 2011.
The scholarship criteria include ACT/SAT scores, GPA for transfer students, and the result of a self-evaluation submitted by the applicant. Additional weight will be given to applications from minority students.
The basic qualifications include:
- Student completes Maranatha application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Student is a new student at Maranatha
- Student is enrolled in the Teacher Education Department
- Student is enrolled in at least 12 credit hours of residential classes
- Student lives in a Maranatha residence hall
The award amount is determined by:
- Expected Family Contribution, according to FAFSA application
- Self-evaluation describing why the student has chosen a teacher education major and their plans for a future educational career and ministry
- ACT/SAT scores or college GPA
- Combination of potential Pell Grant and Teacher Education Scholarship
Applications received by April 30 will be given first consideration.