Fall Athlete Deadline for submitting your Athlete Participation Forms: AUGUST 1, 2015
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE:
- Be enrolled full time (a minimum of 12+ credits undergraduate, 8+ credits graduate) in classes that apply toward a degree program.
- You can take up to 6 credits online with pre-approval from the Registrar’s Office.
- Fill out the Preseason Confirmation Form online
- Fill out the Athlete Participation Forms online:
- All of the Athlete Participation Forms are now online (we ARE NOT accepting ANY paper forms).
- The link and instructions for the paperwork will be sent to you when we receive your Preseason Confirmation.
- Medical Forms:
- A Physical is only required for Incoming Freshman & Transfer Students. The Physical is part of the Admissions Office paperwork.
- Returning Athletes DO NOT need an additional Physical.
- The Athlete Health History Questionnaire is required of all student-athletes and is included in the online athlete forms.
- Athlete insurance coverage MUST have a limit of at least $90,000 and cover athlete-related injuries.
- Maranatha’s insurance DOES NOT cover sports participation
- Many major insurance companies also have some short-term insurance options. Here are some short term options to look at:
- Fill out your NCAA forms online (this will be sent out after July 8th):
- You will receive an email (from email@example.com) with the information and a link (the password will expire after 1 week so get this done right away) ONCE we receive your Preseason Confirmation.
- You NEED to let the Athletic Office know if you do not receive an email from the NCAA.
- Maintain student account in the Maranatha Business Office at a point that meets or exceeds minimum standards for financial eligibility to participate in co-curricular activities:
- ALL players (returning & incoming) – down payment is due August 15th
- Be academically eligible to participate in co-curricular activities.
- Be eligible to participate in co-curricular activities as certified by the Student Life Office.
- Must have earned 9 credits (attempted 12 or more) in first semester of attendance and have a cummulative grade point average (GPA) of 1.75 or better.
- Must have earned 24 credits in the prior two (2) semesters and have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or better.
- Contact the coach of your sport by email so he/she knows to expect you.
***Transfer Students – Additional Forms: Please fill out the following two (2) forms and send to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible:
Each athlete is personally responsible to be familiar with the information contained in the Student Athlete Handbook.
Students who arrive early for preseason are subject to the College’s rules and regulations. Be sure you obtain approved passes (when needed) and conform to the dress standards. Men, this includes no coloring of hair. Hair/grooming must comply with Maranatha standards. Hair color must be natural. During preseason, the appropriate dress for church is a suit or sport coat, tie, dress slacks and dress shoes for men and Sunday dress for women.
WHEN YOU NEED TO ARRIVE:
Residual Registration & Check-in for Football/Cross Country/Invited Soccer & Volleyball players has been moved to Tuesday, August 18th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM (lunch will not be provided; please plan accordingly). First meal will be supper on Tuesday. You must have EVERYTHING completed by the time you come to the Compliance Meeting in order to participate in ANY practices or meals.
- Football/Cross Country/Invited Soccer & Volleyball: Required Compliance Meeting, Tuesday, August 18th, 1:00 PM
- Dorms open at 10:30 am. You need to stop by the Welcome Center to get your room assignments. ***NEW: ALL Athletes (on-campus/off-campus) will also need to check-in with the Athletic Personnel on duty in the DC Lobby.
- Walk-on tryouts for Soccer & Volleyball: Required Compliance Meeting, Tuesday, August 25th, 3:00 PM
- Dorms open at 1:00 pm. You will stop by the Welcome Center to receive your room assignments and other information. Please also, check-in with the Athletic Personnel on duty in the DC Lobby.
Winter 2016 (2nd semester)
- Basketball (Men/Women): first practice – Monday afternoon, January 4