You can access the following library computer programs in the Cedarholm Library:
BibleWorks 7 & 9
We have two computers with BibleWorks 7 and one with BibleWorks 9.
“Whether you’re preparing a sermon, doing complex morphological analysis, or writing a seminary paper, scholars agree that BibleWorks is indispensable. You’ll find everything you need for close exegesis of the original text in its 200+ Bible translations in 40 languages, 40+ original language texts and morphology databases, dozens of lexical-grammatical references, plus a wealth of practical reference works! Instead of providing a loose collection of books, BibleWorks tightly integrates its databases with the most powerful morphology and analysis tools.”
“GRAMCORD FOR WINDOWS is a powerful Bible research program for Greek and Hebrew original language texts and the many modern English Bibles. While best known for its scholarly uses as a grammatical/syntactical concordance system, most of the students, pastors, and professors who use GRAMCORD depend on it for many routine but no less important tasks. GRAMCORD offers a powerful desktop arrangement of parallel Greek/Hebrew/English Bibles, word concordances, Greek/Hebrew lexicons and dictionaries, and related Bible study tools — as well as exporting Bible passages into word-processing documents.”
Heaven Word (Lightning Study Bible)
“The HeavenWord Lightning Study Bible is a brand new, 32bit platform for Bible study. Each CD-ROM edition carries a large and well-balanced collection of Bible study content.”
“The Talmud is a central text of Rabbinic Judaism. The Talmud has two components: the Mishnah (Hebrew: משנה, c. 200 CE), the first written compendium of Judaism’s Oral Law, and the Gemara (c. 500 CE), an elucidation of the Mishnah and related Tannaitic writings that often ventures onto other subjects and expounds broadly on the Hebrew Bible…
The Talmud contains the opinions of thousands of rabbis on a variety of subjects, including law, ethics, philosophy, customs, history, theology, lore and many other topics. The Talmud is the basis for all codes of rabbinic law and is much quoted in other rabbinic literature.”
Journal of Biblical Counseling 1977-2007
“For nearly 30 years, the JBC has provided a forum for biblical counseling’s development and application. Published three times each year.”
Annals of the World
“In the years 1650-1654, James Ussher set out to write a history of the world from creation to A.D. 70. The result was published in 1650 as the literary classic “The Annals of the World.” This famous comprehensive history of the world, originally published in Latin, offers a look at history rarely seen. Ussher traveled throughout Europe, gathering much information from the actual historical documents. Many of these documents are no longer available, having been destroyed since the time of his research. In its pages can be found the fascinating history of the ancient world from the Genesis creation through the destruction of the Jerusalem temple.
This massive historical work chronicles world history from creation to A.D. 70. Little-known details (not found in standard texts) of the Egyptian, Greek, and Roman struggles for domination are cleverly woven into the narrative. Learn about war and peace, heroes and villains, and kings and kingdoms of biblical times in vivid detail.”
“Finale is the industry standard in music notation software, enabling composers, arrangers, musicians, teachers, students and publishers to create, edit, audition, print and publish musical scores.
The ultimate music notation program, Finale gives you complete control over every aspect of the printed page, while providing full MIDI capabilities and unparalleled audio output.”
Anvil Studio 2012
“Anvil Studio ™ is a free Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP program designed for people who want to:
- record music with MIDI and Audio equipment,
- compose music for MIDI and Audio equipment,
- sequence music with MIDI equipment,
- play with music using a computer, and
- print sheet music from standard MIDI files with the optional Print-Sheet accessory.”
“Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features.”
Audiation Assistant 1.0
“Audiation Assistant is a drill-and-practice software program for learning sequence activities. A variety of exercises allow the user to listen to, respond to, and evaluate tonal and rhythm patterns generated by the software.
- Practice exercises at five Music Learning Theory skill levels.
- Tonal patterns in four tonalities, all keyalities, and as many as nine tonal functions.
- Thousands of rhythm patterns in nine meters and five rhythm functions.
- Quizzes to measure audiation skill development progress.
- Difficulty levels that are easily customizable, from basic to advanced.
- Easy-to-navigate interface.”
“The Jazz++ Midi Sequencer is an excellent application for recording and mixing MIDI sequences…”
Adobe Master Collection CS6
From Adobe’s website…
Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Master Collection software delivers unprecedented performance with blazing-fast 64-bit native support and GPU acceleration. Groundbreaking new creative tools provide innovative ways to design for the latest devices. With exceptional power and precision, you can create inspiring experiences that go anywhere.
What’s inside Master Collection
- Photoshop Extended CS6 Photoshop CS6 Extended
- Illustrator CS6 Illustrator CS6
- InDesign CS6 InDesign® CS6
- Acrobat Pro Acrobat® X Pro
- Flash Professional CS6 Flash® Professional CS6
- Flash Builder Flash Builder® 4.6 Premium Edition
- Dreamweaver CS6 Dreamweaver® CS6
- Fireworks CS6 Fireworks® CS6
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6
- After Effects CS6 After Effects® CS6
- Adobe Audition CS6 Adobe Audition® CS6
- SpeedGrade CS6 SpeedGrade™ CS6
- Adobe Prelude CS6 Prelude™ CS6
- Encore CS6 Encore® CS6
- Bridge CS6 Bridge CS6
- Media Encoder CS6 Media Encoder CS6
Pre-Referral Intervention Manual
“The Pre-Referral Intervention Manual (PRIM) provides a direct response to state mandated pre-referral intervention activities. It may be used by a teacher or group of educators, such as a Teacher Assistance Team, to develop a comprehensive plan of intervention strategies for a student.”