About This Course
Instructor Who Teaches This Course: Mrs. Suzanne Fell
“We’ll learn the basic and intermediate skills of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.). These skills are vital to college students and professionals, regardless of what field you are in. Everyone has to communicate, and these programs are the foundation of doing that electronically!”
Code / Name: BUMI 161 − Computer Applications Seminar (1 credit)
Description: As a survey of microcomputer applications, this course directs the students through a hands-on exploration of the fundamental features found in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
Required Text(s): Students must purchase and possess the required text(s) by the first day of class- order early!
- Email the instructor listed in MyMaranatha for current textbook and Microsoft Office version information.
- You can purchase a student discounted copy of Office Ultimate Edition from Microsoft by going to: http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Read and complete eLab assignments.
- Watch several videos on the eLab system.
- Take 5 quizzes.
- Participate in discussion forums and synchronous sessions.
- Complete one final exam and one final project.