About This Course
Course Name/Code: American Masterpieces, HUEN 232
Catalog Description: A survey of the major works of American prose and poetry from colonial times to the present.
Instructors and Texts
Instructors Who Teach This Course: Mr. Jerry Kolwinska
Required Text(s): Please use the online campus bookstore to locate required textbooks for the course. Make sure that you search using the correct course code and look for the course with the “OL” suffix in the drop-down list. (See Textbook Ordering Help.)
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Participate on a weekly basis in class discussion.
- Read the assigned selections in the anthology.
- Take approximately 4 quizzes for each historical period/unit (18 for the course).
- Take four final tests and one final examination.
- Read a play, a novel, or a sampling of poetry by an American writer and write a literary analysis about some aspect of the work.
- Respond to the focus questions/study guide for each author and/or work assigned.