About This Course
Instructor Who Teaches This Course: Mr. Phil Price
“Embrace the challenge of this look at algebra like the ancient Babylonians. Gain practice with your critical thinking and problem solving skills, while you are preparing for further study in areas like chemistry or statistics.”
Code / Name: ASMA 131 − College Algebra (3 credits)
Description: A comprehensive study of polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions with their graphs, solving systems of linear equations introduction to matrix theory, introduction to probability theory, and work in the complex number system.
Required Text(s): Please use the online campus bookstore to locate required textbooks for the course. Make sure that you search using the correct course code and look for the course with the “OL” suffix in the drop-down list. (See Textbook Ordering Help.)
Course Workload Preview
The following preview of anticipated course workload is subject to instructor change.
- Secure an approved proctor for specified tests.
- Have the capability to send specified work electronically (pdf attachment sent to the instructor’s email is the preferred method).
- Complete 26 homework assignments.
- Participate in 2 discussion posts.
- Take 4 module tests.
- Take final exam to complete the course on or prior to the final day of the online term.