Great Lakes Music Festival can be described as a musically-enriching weekend of concentrated music-making with instrumental, vocal, and piano enthusiasts grades 8-12. Experience the thrill of performing in a choir of both high school and university students while also participating in a focused track: band, orchestra, piano, men’s chorus/ handbells, or ladies’ chorus/chimes. You will not want to miss out on this amazing musical experience!
The upcoming annual Great Lakes Music Festival is on Friday and Saturday, January 29 and 30, 2016.
Our theme for 2016 is “Musical Gems.”
On Friday evening, one of Maranatha’s music groups will be giving a special concert.
- The festival begins with check-in on Friday, January 29, from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.
- The festival concludes with a full concert on Saturday, January 30 from 1:30-3:30. The concert is free and open to the public, so be sure to invite family and friends!
- Please register using the online registration form.
- Registrations will be processed after the payment is received.
- To enable us to be as prepared for the festival as possible, participants should register no later than January 6. Participants may still register after January 6, but the fee increases $15.
- Participants who stay in the dorms pay a total of $50 if registering by January 6 ($65 after January 6), which includes three meals, the Friday night concert and reception, lodging, and music.
- Commuters and participating sponsors pay a total of $35 ($50 after January 6) which includes Friday dinner, the Friday night concert and reception, Saturday lunch, and use of music.
- Festival music and additional festival information will be sent to you after we receive your payment.
- Additional meal tickets may be purchased at the Dining Commons.
- Refunds will only be given for cancelations if a written request is received by January 6. A $10 administrative fee will be subtracted from the refund amount.
- Dorm space is limited. Therefore, please do not delay in your registering.
- Only students are allowed to stay in the dorms.
- Sponsors and parents are asked to find accommodations off campus. Click here for a list of hotels.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothing: Participants may wear casual clothing for classes and rehearsals (pants are allowed for men and women). Saturday concert attire is dress pants/shirts and a tie for men and skirts for women.
- Dorms: Bring bedding and towels.
- Money: Bring money to purchase items from Maranatha’s Campus Store and Old Main Cafe.
- Instruments: Participants bringing instruments must clearly label their case with their name, address, and phone number.
Those interested in the piano track should see GLMF Piano Track Info.
Our annual Piano Competition will take place the day before the Great Lakes Music Festival on Thursday, January 28! For more information on the piano competition, see the High School Piano Competition page.
Click here to see pictures from previous festivals!