- Date: Thursday Evening before Great Lakes Music Festival—January 29, 2015.
- Performance Times: Entrants will be notified of their assigned performance time via email by January 12.
- Performance Time Limit: Students will perform for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Evaluation: All students will receive written feedback via email within one week of the performance.
- Competition Performance: The competition performances are open to the public, and competitors are strongly encouraged to stay and listen to the other performers.
- Complimentary Reception: Following the last performance of the evening, competitors and their families/friends are invited to a complimentary reception in Burckart Hall.
- Announcement of Winners: The winners will be announced and awarded their cash prizes 15 minutes after the final performance.
- Students must be in 9-12 grade.
- Students must perform two memorized, early advanced-advanced level classical pieces.
- The pieces need to be in contrasting styles and different musical eras: 1 piece needs to be Baroque or Classical, and 1 piece needs to be Romantic or 20th Century
- No original compositions.
- The pieces must be solo (e.g. no concerto parts).
- The repertoire must be at a minimum level of Masterwork Classics Book 9/Celebration Series Repertoire Book 8.
- The repertoire must be less than 15 minutes in length.
- Students must perform the pieces listed on their registration forms. Students not doing so will be disqualified.
- Complete Application: Students must complete the online competition application.
- Competition Fee: Pay $30 online.
- Limited Openings: Please register ASAP because we have a limited number of openings.
- Application/Payment Deadline: Applications must be submitted by January 1, 2015.
1st place: $100 and an encore performance of one piece at the Great Lakes Music Festival Concert on Saturday, January 31, 2015.
2nd place: $50