You already love playing basketball. How about a whole week of hoops against players your age and skill level from around the country? You’ll love the competition, but you’ll also learn fundamental skills in defense, shooting, passing, and ball-handling. When you’re not learning, you’ll be competing–1-on-1, 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 tournaments as well as skills tests and individual competitions at MBU’s Boys Basketball camp.
Instruction is not limited to basketball, with personal, camp and dorm sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to pick and roll, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
Points of Emphasis
- Ball-handling fundamentals
- Sportsmanship as a Christian athlete
- Daily team competitions
- Defensive fundamentals and concepts
- Offensive fundamentals and concepts
- Daily Bible challenges
- 1-on-1, 3-on-3, and 5-on-5 tournaments
- Campers: $250 on or before June 1 ($275 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
- Team Discount: Ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Arrival and Departure Information (2015 Camps)
- Check-in: Monday, June 22 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the main gym lobby.
- Check-out: Saturday, June 27 with lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Salscheider, 32, played professional basketball in Australia, Denmark, and the U.S. from 2003-09. He was an assistant coach for Edgewood College in 2011-12 before taking over as head coach for Maranatha’s men’s basketball team in 2012-13.
What to Bring
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Please keep athletic shorts knee-length.
- Sleeveless tops are acceptable for activities, but please bring a t-shirt or collared shirt to wear in the Dining Commons.
- Bring a swimsuit that is knee-length.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
Background Checks/Registration (2015 Camps)
For the 2015 summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration and mail in the attention of Ruth Steinbart at 745 West Main Street, Watertown, WI 53094.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.