Join “Coach Mo” and girls from around the country as they hoop it up and improve their skills! Specialized drills will help you become better at shooting, ball-handling, passing, and defense. Our instructors will encourage you to demand the best of yourself, on and off the court. You will be able to compete for awards such as Camper of the week, 3-point shooting, hot-shot, free throws, knockout, and dribbling at MBU’s Girls Basketball camp. Between sessions, enjoy some of the best food available at any college anywhere!
Instruction is not limited to basketball, with personal, camp and dorm sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to pick and roll, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
Points of emphasis
- Ball-handling fundamentals
- Individual skills
- Daily team competitions
- Defensive fundamentals (zone and person-to-person) and concepts
- Sportsmanship as a Christian athlete
- Friendly environment conducive to learning the game and growing spiritually
- Daily Bible challenges
Arrival and Departure Information (2016 Camps)
- Check-in: Monday, June 13, 2016 from 3-5 pm.
- Check-out: Lunch on Friday, June 17, 2016 at 11:00 am.
Campers: $200 on or before June 1 ($220 after June 1). Please note that this camp ends Friday.
Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff who are going into 8th grade (or younger) receive a 50% discount
Coach “Mo” has completed 19 seasons as Maranatha’s women’s basketball coach. His teams are perennial participants in the National Christian College Athletic Association national tournament, winning their first NCCAA title in 1999 and making four other appearances to the final four. His team was the 2010 and 2012 National Runner-Up, and are the reigning 2013 NCCAA II National Champions.
What to Bring
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Bring shorts that go to the knee
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Swimsuit – please keep swimsuits modest. two piece swimsuits are generally not allowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the t-shirt style tops or something to cover the midsection.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
Background Checks/Registration (2016 Camps)
For the 2016 summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration and mail in the attention of Ruth Steinbart at 745 West Main Street, Watertown, WI 53094.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.