Looking to improve on your dribbling or how to position yourself to setup the extra pass for a goal? Pick the brain of head women’s soccer coach, Bryan Board, as he directs you to the right spot at Maranatha’s girls-only soccer camp, running Monday through Friday (June 15-19)! Coach Board has led two Christian schools to three state runner-up finishes and actively seeks to advance your growth on the field and in your personal walk with the Lord with daily time in God’s word.
- Campers: $200 on or before June 1 ($220 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, June 15, from 3-5 p.m. at the Welcome Center in the Dining Complex.
- Check-out: Friday, June 19th, with lunch at 11:00 a.m.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Coach Board, a 2003 Maranatha graduate, played four years of soccer during college. Board coached Bible Baptist and Community Christian Schools (GA) to three state runner-up finishes from 2003-2009 and helped with the U-17 Boys Watertown Soccer Club in 2010-2011. Board has also led the Crusader women’s college soccer team to the NCCAA II National Championship game in 2010 and a 5th place finish in last year’s NCCAA II National Tournament.
Points of Emphasis
- Daily Bible challenges and spiritual growth
- Exposure to appropriate instruction that allows for optimum development opportunities
- Exposure to individualized training environments that allow players to claim responsibility for their own development and enhance progress after they leave camp
- Sound technical development
- Application of technique to tactical problem solving
- Group and team concepts on the field of play
- Self-motivation and group cohesion strategies
- Friendly environment that emphasizes fair play and enjoyment
- Exposure to the training environments and standards enjoyed by Maranatha students on a daily basis
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- Soccer ball
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Bring shorts that go to the knee
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Two-piece swimsuits are generally unallowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt style tops or something to cover the midsection.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
Background Checks/Registration (2015 Camps)
For the 2015 summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration and mail in the attention of Ryan Davis at 745 West Main Street, Watertown, WI 53094.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.