Maranatha’s Girls’ Soccer Camp
Looking to improve on your dribbling or how to position yourself to setup the extra pass for a goal? Come to Maranatha’s girls-only soccer camp, running Monday through Friday (July 18-22)! You will learn the necessary skills to be a smart, and skilled athlete, as well as developing your personal walk with the Lord with daily time in God’s word.
- Campers: $275 on or before June 1 ($295 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 18, from 3-5 p.m. at the Welcome Center in the Dining Complex.
- Check-out: Friday, July 22, with lunch at 11:00 a.m.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Coach Peter Huber
Huber has coached soccer in local youth soccer leagues, the YMCA and Christian schools in California and Pennsylvania. While teaching at West Chester Christian School (PA), Huber coached youth soccer while working on a graduate degree. In 2010, he finished a Master of Science in Sport and Athletic Administration and began working as a Director for a local YMCA.
Points of Emphasis
- Daily Bible challenges and spiritual growth
- Exposure to appropriate instruction that allows for optimum development opportunities
- Exposure to individualized training environments that allow players to claim responsibility for their own development and enhance progress after they leave camp
- Sound technical development
- Application of technique to tactical problem solving
- Group and team concepts on the field of play
- Self-motivation and group cohesion strategies
- Friendly environment that emphasizes fair play and enjoyment
- Exposure to the training environments and standards enjoyed by Maranatha students on a daily basis
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- Soccer ball
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Bring shorts that go to the knee
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Two-piece swimsuits are generally unallowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt style tops or something to cover the midsection.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
Background Checks/Registration (2015 Camps)
For the 2015 summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration and mail in the attention of Ruth Steinbart at 745 West Main Street, Watertown, WI 53094.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
To register for the Girls’ Soccer Camp, visit the new camp page.