If you want to be the best, learn from the best! Former U.S. National Team program coach Jeff Pill will teach you “Pill’s Drills,” activities to help develop your skills and sharpen your game instincts. Individual and team contests allow for a competitive atmosphere, so lace up your cleats and come join Pill on the field!
Instruction is not limited to soccer, with sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to attack or defend, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
Boys Soccer Camp Move (2014 Camps)
Beginning the summer of 2014, soccer camps take place in two separate weeks! Any female soccer athlete can take part in the new Girl’s Soccer Camp on June 16-20 (Mon.-Fri.) while male athletes can hone their skills at the Boys Soccer Camp on July 21-25 (Mon.-Fri.). Please avail yourselves of our 2014 Costs and Arrival/Departure information listed below as we look forward to seeing you.
- Campers: $275 on or before June 1 ($295 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff, and who are lower than 9th grade, receive a 50% discount
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 21, from 3-5 p.m. at the Welcome Center in the Dining Complex.
- Check-out: Friday, July 25, with lunch at 11:00 a.m..
- **Friday Night (Soccer Camp) Housing Accommodations: A $20 fee will be charged for any camper staying in the dormitories overnight on Friday of Soccer Camps to travel with a volleyball team or group on Saturday. Check-out is 11:00 p.m. If you desire to find off-campus housing instead, feel free to contact our welcome center at 920-206-2370.
Jeff Pill has spent the majority of his coaching career working with youth in the U.S. National Team’s soccer program. He also helped coach the 1996 U.S. women’s Olympic team. Other instructors will include current and former Maranatha team members as well as guest coaches.
Points of Emphasis
- Daily Bible challenges and spiritual growth
- Exposure to appropriate instruction that allows for optimum development opportunities
- Exposure to individualized training environments that allow players to claim responsibility for their own development and enhance progress after they leave camp
- Sound technical development
- Application of technique to tactical problem solving
- Group and team concepts on the field of play
- Self-motivation and group cohesion strategies
- Friendly environment that emphasizes fair play and enjoyment
- Exposure to the training environments and standards enjoyed by Maranatha students on a daily basis
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- Soccer ball
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Attire: Modest swimsuit.
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
What not to Bring
- Air Conditioners
- MP3 players, Ipods, DVD or CD players, headphones
- Playing cards, fireworks, knives, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- No sleeveless T-shirts allowed.
- Bring swimming trunks that go below the knees.
- Athletic shorts must be knee-length.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
Background Checks/Registration (2014 Camps)
For the 2014 summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration and mail in the attention of Ryan Davis at 745 West Main Street, Watertown, WI 53094.
- Watch the Child Worker’s Video
- Read through the Abuse Prevention Policies
- Read and sign the Volunteer Training Form
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.