The Master of Arts in Church Music program is designed for the student who seeks a master’s degree in church music with a biblical and theological emphasis. It allows individuals who serve in ministry positions to enhance their Biblical and church music knowledge. This program is designed with flexible course scheduling so students can obtain an advanced degree in music without having to leave a current ministry or career.
- To comprehend basic elements of biblical and systematic theology from a dispensational hermeneutical perspective
- To evaluate the appropriateness of music specifically for the church setting
- To develop and implement a coherent philosophy of church music
- To demonstrate the ability to organize, direct, and assess the music program of a local church
- To demonstrate faithfulness to the Holy Spirit’s work through God’s Word in his or her personal life and ministry