It is our desire to increase the diversity of our faculty. Contacts from applicants who would broaden our ethnic, gender, and cultural diversity are encouraged. Our standard, faith based requirements are a prerequisite.
- Read Essential Qualifications for teaching (below) and the Statement of Faith.
- See the list of available Maranatha positions.
- Submit your application.
- Email your Statement of Interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (or mail hard copies to the Academic Office).
- Email a curriculum vitae or vitae to email@example.com, especially if this is the first time you're contacting us.
Full-time Nursing Faculty
Maranatha is currently seeking a qualified individual to teach in the School of Nursing. The position requires a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing degree, 3 years (minimum) current nursing experience, and a Wisconsin license (or non-encumbered license that can be transferred). Teaching experience preferred. Consideration will be given to hiring an individual with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with the appropriate experience who is willing to actively pursue, at MBU’s expense, a Master of Science in Nursing immediately upon hire.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, or the presence of a disability, when otherwise qualified.
Full-time Spanish Faculty
Maranatha is seeking to employ a qualified individual to serve as a full-time faculty member beginning with the 2016-2017 academic year. The individual must meet all of the faith-based essentials for employment at Maranatha Baptist University, plus possess the following:
- A graduate degree in Spanish
- Previous experience in teaching on the secondary or collegiate level
- Experience teaching conversational Spanish
- Willingness to teach courses related to Spanish culture and literature
- A discerning Christian worldview
- Experience or interest in planning/leading Spanish trips overseas
- Experience or interest in web-based, online instruction and course management systems
If interested, please review the essential qualifications for prospective faculty and submit an on-line application.
Online Adjunct Faculty (All Subjects)
Maranatha is seeking qualified individuals to become part of the online adjunct faculty pool (no relocation necessary). Applications are being received for all subject areas, with specific needs in the areas of Business, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Geography, History, and Web Design. Applicants must possess an earned master’s degree or above in the academic field in which they would teach and be members in good standing with a like-minded church in their hometown.
Even though we desire faculty with outstanding academic credentials and good pedagogical and communication skills, these qualities are second to our desire to maintain fundamental Baptist distinctives and ethos. By God's grace, Maranatha will never knowingly appoint individuals to faculty positions whose beliefs or practices are at variance with Maranatha's deeply held and biblically supported religious convictions. Therefore,
- Faculty members must be fundamental Baptists by practice and conviction.
- Individual life styles must be in conformity to Biblical teaching related to morality and virtue.
- The sanctity of the Christian home is guarded by never employing or retaining employees or employee spouses who are or have ever been divorced.
If you meet these pre-qualification conditions, then Maranatha is looking for individuals who:
- Possess graduate degrees or higher in the field of teaching, or
- Possess a graduate degree or higher and are willing to pursue additional graduate training in the field of study. If one possesses an accredited master's degree, 18 hours of additional graduate training in the field of teaching would be a prerequisite to consideration for promotion or unqualified retention. One who does not have an accredited master's degree in the field in which they are teaching would be expected to pursue an accredited master's or doctoral degree through our Advanced Education Program.
- In rare cases, the college will consider an arrangement with an individual possessing a bachelor's degree in the field who is accepted and progressing through a graduate program at the time of application.
If you would like more information regarding the wonderful ministry of teaching at Maranatha, please go to the Faculty Employment page or contact Will Licht, Vice President for Academic Affairs.