July 17-21, 2017
"TRACKFORM" YOUR SUMMER WITH AN MBU CAMP. If you enjoy challenges in the performing arts and desire to make new connections, join campers from around the United States for an exciting week at Maranatha Music and Drama Camp! The Music Tracks provide optimal musical experiences and challenges for musical and personal growth. The Musical/Drama Track invokes the passion and energy of performing arts, both in front of and behind curtain. In all tracks, workshops and recreational activities are balanced to peak student interest and provide campers with both learning and leisure time.
All Drama Camp Audition forms with video links must be turn in by June 24.
Registration closed for Music and Drama Camp June 15. Beginning band campers may still register.
What Will "Trackform" Your Summer?
CAMPERS WILL PARTICIPATE IN ONE OF FOUR BANDS
- Beginning Band | no band experience (a day camp from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM) Directed by Teresa Herbert
- Cadet Band | one year of band experience (typically 6th or 7th grade) Directed by Trisha Herbert
- Intermediate Band | two or more years of band experience (typically junior high) Directed by Will Brown
- Advanced Band | three or more years of band experience (typically senior high) Directed by Dr. David Brown
- After completing the registration process, band campers will go to their designated band rehearsal rooms. At this time, the band director will confirm whether they are in the correct band for their level and age. Additional adjustments may be made during the first scheduled rehearsal.Receive specialized instruction on their instrument: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Horn in F, Low Brass, or Percussion
- Sing in the camp choir
- Participate in the afternoon General Music Electives.
- After registration is completed and campers are in their designated rehearsal rooms, the band director will confirm whether they are in the correct band for their level and age.
- For questions regarding band track, email David Brown.
BA, Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina
MM, Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina
DMA, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri
Dr. Brown came to Maranatha to teach in 2003. Before this, he spent two years as the music pastor at Faith Baptist Church in Lafayette, Indiana, and fifteen years as the school and church music director at Tri-City Baptist Church in Kansas City, Missouri.
We are surrounded by other musicians for the whole week, and we have access to many great musical professors and counselors...I look forward to Music Camp for months and count down the days until it begins!
I was encouraged to witness the incredible progress made by my students in one week of camp
Dr. David Townsend
Freedom Christian School
As a parent, my mind was put at ease knowing that the girls were in the hands of exceptionally competent and caring instructors, leaders, and sponsors. We could not have been more pleased with their progress and experience after spending a week at Maranatha Band Camp.
Mother of Camper
You don’t spend all of your time with just drama, or string, or piano people. You get to branch out and broaden your horizons. Plus, the food is really great!