If you want to engage people effectively in the global marketplace, Cross-Cultural Studies is designed for you. This broad program provides a solid foundation in the full spectrum of liberal arts courses, but also provides specific courses in cross-cultural communication, linguistics, comparative worldviews, cultural anthropology, and other globally-applicable topics. With a goal toward specialization in graduate studies, this program gives you a foundation for working in personal and professional environments that are international and multicultural.
- International business
- Teaching English as a second language
- Social services
- Cross-cultural healthcare
- Intercultural marketing
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
Cross-Cultural Studies Program Outcomes
A graduate of Maranatha Baptist University in Cross-Cultural Studies will be equipped to:
- Understand the dynamics of culture sufficiently to adapt to a new environment.
- Understand and apply principles of cross-cultural communication with people of another culture.
- Describe and contrast proper missions theology and philosophy with inferior forms.
- List and assess strategies for church development in a cross-cultural setting.