I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)
Is your passion to know Christ and Him alone? Would you like to know more about Christ and His Word but find it impossible to leave your current ministry or job?
- Students will demonstrate the ability to articulate biblical and systematic theology with scriptural support using a dispensational hermeneutical framework.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to exercise biblical discernment in evaluating current trends in theology, biblical interpretation, and culture.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to interpret God's Word from a dispensational hermeneutic.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to articulate biblical and theological truth in a variety of settings both within and outside the local church.
- Graduates will demonstrate faithfulness in ministry at a baptistic, separatist church.
- Available from a Distance: The entire program may be completed fully online; read more about our delivery options! Take distance classes in 8-week sessions with no required attendance.
- Available on Campus or Virtually: Attend class on campus or watch the 16 week sessions via your own computer during class time each class day!
- Class Content Delivered: The curriculum includes a strong component of biblical and theological courses with opportunities to choose practical electives. No knowledge of Greek or Hebrew is required.
- A minimum of 33 semester hours of approved credit must be completed for the Master of Arts in Bible.
- Students who completed their undergraduate degree from a Christian college are required to earn 30 credits for this degree.
- Students who did not complete their undergraduate degree at a Christian college are required to take GPA 524 - Principles of Bible Study & Teaching, making 33 credits the minimum for the degree.
- The Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an approved institution must be held by the applicant.
- No more than 12 semester hours of graduate credit from another institution may be applied toward this degree.
- Consult the current Seminary catalog for information about advanced placement from undergraduate courses.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better must be earned. A maximum of two C grades will be credited toward graduation.
- Applicants may be required to make up deficiencies without credit in any of the departments at the discretion of the Academic Senate.
Students must complete courses distributed among the following requirements:
|GOT514 Biblical Theology of the Old Testament||3|
|GOT521 Old Testament Backgrounds||3|
|GOT525 Holy Land Tour||3|
|GOT528 Exposition of Pentateuch||3|
|GOT532 Exposition of Daniel Prophets||3|
|GOT534 Exposition of the Major||3|
|GOT535 Exposition of the Minor Prophets||3|
|GOT540 Exposition of Job||3|
|GOT 541 Exposition of Psalms||3|
|GOT 543 Exposition of Proverbs||2|
|GNT515 Biblical Theology of the New Testament||3|
|GNT520 New Testament Backgrounds||3|
|GNT529 Exposition of the Gospels||3|
|GNT530 Exposition of Pastoral Epistles||3|
|GNT 532 Exposition of First Corinthians||3|
|GNT 533 Exposition of Galatians||3|
|GNT 534 Exposition of Hebrews||3|
|GNT 540 Exposition of Acts||3|
|GNT556 Exposition of Revelation|
|GST520 Dispensationalism and Dispensational Hermeneutics||3|
|GST 613 ST 3 Anthropology, Hamartiology, and Soteriology||3|
|Take one of the following classes:|
|GST611 ST 1 - Bibliology and Theology Proper||2|
|GST612 ST 2 - Christology and Pneumatology||3|
|GST614 ST 4 - Eschatology, Angelology and Ecclesiology||3|
|GST 530 Apologetics and Worldviews||3|
|GST 600 Theological Systems||3|
|GST 620 Contemporary Theology||3|
|GST 720 Reformation Theology||3|
|GST 721 History of Baptist Theology||3|
|Required Classes (waived for graduates of a Christian college):|
|GPA 524 Principles of Bible Study and Teaching||3|
|(This requirement may be waived for women students. It is waived for men who took Baptist History or Church History in college)|
|Required Classes (take one of the following two classes):|
|GHI608 Baptist History||3|
|GHI628 History of Christianity||3|
|GHI515 American Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism||3|
|GHI548 History of Baptist Missions||3|
|General Elective Hours:||1|
|Total Hours Required:||33|