Do you desire to be a wise counselor? Are you in full-time ministry, or perhaps a different vocation, but want to be a more effective communicator of biblical counsel for those struggling with sin?
If so, consider Maranatha’s Baptist Biblical Counseling Master’s degree. The curriculum includes practical courses in topics such as crisis counseling and addictive behavior, while providing a solid foundation of biblical and theological courses from which to build practical applications. The program is now offered in both traditional and summer formats.
- Acquainted with classic theology, as well as current trends in theology
- Seeking a spiritually fervent life of ministry
- Competent to discern current trends, particularly in the area of Biblical Counseling, and their relationship to biblical truth
- Faithful to the Holy Spirit’s work through God’s Word in his or her personal life and ministry
- Desirous of ministry of counseling in a church, youth, campus, or missions setting
- Capable of further training in Biblical Counseling by developing the research and communication skills and the foundational knowledge of Biblical Counseling necessary to successfully pursue additional graduate studies
Available in traditional and summer formats!
In addition to the traditional semester format, Maranatha Baptist Seminary offers the opportunity to earn a Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling in a summer module format. You can earn a degree in just two summers with online courses and module courses offered in June each year.
“This will really appeal to school teachers and administrators, and to students working as graduate assistants during the school year,” said Dr. Larry Oats, Dean of the Seminary. “Some classes can be taken online, some can be taken in summer modules, and, if possible, they may even combine those hours with traditional classes taken on campus.”
“The opportunity to earn a master’s degree in two summers, even though they will be very busy summers, plus online will be a good, practical option for a lot of people,” Oats said.
- A minimum of 34 semester hours of approved credit must be completed for this degree.
- The Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an approved institution must be held by the applicant.
- No more than 12 semester hours of graduate credit from another institution may be applied toward this degree.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better must be earned. A maximum of two C grades will be credited toward graduation.
- Applicants may be required to make up deficiencies without credit in any of the departments at the discretion of the Academic Senate.
|GOT514 Biblical Theology of the Old Testament||3|
|GOT521 Old Testament Backgrounds||3|
|GOT525 Holy Land Tour||2|
|GOT528 Exposition of Pentateuch||3|
|GOT530 Exposition of the Major Prophets||3|
|GOT532 Exposition of Daniel||2|
|GOT535 Exposition of the Minor Prophets||3|
|GOT540 Exposition of Job||3|
|GNT515 Biblical Theology of the New Testament||3|
|GNT520 New Testament Backgrounds||3|
|GNT529 Exposition of the Gospels||3|
|GNT530 Exposition of Pastoral Epistles||3|
|GNT556 Exposition of Revelation||3|
|GST520 Dispensationalism and Dispensational Hermeneutics||3|
|GST611 ST 1 - Bibliology and Theology Proper||2|
|GST612 ST 2 - Christology and Pneumatology||3|
|GST613 ST 3 - Anthropology, Hamartiology, and Soteriology||3|
|GST614 ST 4 - Eschatology, Angelology and Ecclesiology||3|
|(This requirement is waived for women students and for men who took Baptist History or Church History in college)|
|Required Classes (take one of the following):|
|GHI608 Baptist History||3|
|GHI628 History of Christianity||3|
|GHI515 American Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism||3|
|GHI548 History of Baptist Missions||3|
|GBC503 Methods of Biblical Change||2|
|GBC513 Counseling Problems and Procedures||2|
|GBC535 Crisis Counseling||2|
|GBC537 Marriage and Family Counseling||2|
|GBC580 Biblical Counseling Seminar||2|
|GBC582 Biblical Counseling Practicum||2|
|GBC501 Theology and Practice of Pastoral Counseling||2|
|GBC540 Counseling Addictive Behavior||2|
|GBC550 Proverbs and Counseling||2|
Any seminary course qualifies as a general elective.
|General Elective Hours:||1|
|Total Hours Required:||33|