Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Preparing Expository Sermons: A Seven-Step Method for Biblical Preaching. Richard, Ramesh.
“The Bible is what God has made. Sermons are what we make with what God has made.” This is the foundation for developing expository messages, according to Ramesh Richard. His method, explained in Preparing Expository Sermons, has been field tested in training seminars for thousands of preachers around the world. Richard’s book is a simple do it yourself resource for developing and preaching expository sermons. It guides the reader through a seven step process, with many practical suggestions and illustrative charts along the way. In addition, there are eleven appendixes that include information on:o how to choose a texto preaching narrativeso understanding your audienceo forms of sermon introduction A comprehensive sermon evaluation questionnaire is included as well. Preparing Expository Sermons, an updated and expanded version of Scripture Sculpture, is ideal for beginning preachers, lay preachers without formal training, or any pastor who is looking for a refresher course in expository sermon preparation.” – Amazon.com
Here are some other books on homiletics that might interest you.
- New Testament Exposition: From Text to Sermon. Liefeld, Walter L.
- Preaching: How to Preach Biblically. MacArthur, John, ed.
- Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages. Robinson, Haddon W.
- Invitation to Biblical Preaching: Proclaiming Truth with Clarity and Relevance. Sunukjian, Donald.