Students who are graduating are required to attend Baccalaureate and Commencement. Students who are employed by Maranatha may also need to stay through graduation.
- Financial obligations required to graduate.
- Academic obligations (Degree Policies) required to graduate.
- Testimony issues required to graduate (including students who finish in December or any time prior to the May graduation and are not on campus).
- Graduation Dress guidelines for graduates will be issued to Graduates by the Academic Office. They can also be found below.
Graduate Dress for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Dress needs to meet the standard requirement for Church Dress. They must pass the three finger test for the neckline and have sleeves. Halter-top or strapless style dresses will not be approved even with a shrug worn over the shoulders.
- Your skirt or dress may not hang below your graduation gown.
- Your skirt or dress must come to the top of your knee, with a slit no higher than the top of the knee.
- Black dress shoes (no casual, backless slides, sandals, etc.) are required for both the Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies.
- Your outfit (including your shoes) must be checked. The times and place of ceremony dress check is listed below.
- Campus and off-campus students may see their dorm supervisor or the Student Life Office for dress/shoe check before 3 p.m. on Thursday the week before graduation.
- No gaudy or dangling earrings may be worn. A maximum of three earrings may be worn in each ear: 2 earrings in each lobe and one cartilage piercing in each ear. These may be pearl, birthstone, gold or silver studs or small hoops.
- Purses, cameras, cell phones or make-up may not be carried.
- Wear the mortarboard flat on top of your head, not off the back.
- Black slacks and black socks.
- Black dress shoes (no boots).
- Long-sleeved white dress shirt.
- Tie (not a bow tie or cowboy tie).
- Military dress is also acceptable under the gown for those in the military.
- Facial Hair – if you are receiving a:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree candidates (please see Online grads below) – You must be clean shaven in appearance, no facial hair; hair cut must meet school standards (sideburns to middle of ear, etc.). Married grads, older student that lives off-campus (23 or older) may have mustaches to the corners of the mouth. No beards [SL 5/14].
- Graduate degree – You must be clean shaven – you are permitted a neatly trimmed mustache to the corners of your mouth. Non-residential Graduate candidates may have neatly trimmed facial hair including neatly trimmed beards.
- Wear mortarboard flat on top of your head, not off the back.
Graduation Dress Check Times
Graduates who do not go through graduation dress check, or do not meet check guidelines will not be permitted to march.
- Baccalaureate Dress Check for Graduates: Location-DC 202; Thursday of Baccalaureate from 6:00-6:30 p.m.
- Commencement Dress Check for Graduates: Location-DC 202; Friday of Commencement from 9:00-9:30 a.m.