General Office Policies
- You should be in faculty offices only by appointment or during visiting hours.
- Equipment and supplies are not for personal use.
General Building Policies
- You may not sleep on couches, put your feet on the furniture, or drape legs over chair arms.
- You may not move furniture. [SL 2/18]
- You may make student payments to your account only during cashier hours.
- You may use the fax machine (920-261-9109) in the business office for a nominal fee.
- Business office credits you with printer paper every semester; to purchase more, visit the business office.
Classroom and University Media Equipment
- You are not to access computer and AV equipment unless you are presenting in class with faculty supervision.
- If you have problems with the equipment, please visit Media Services in the lower level of the DC (Phone: 920-206-2349).
- Interfering with the University’s departmental radio frequencies is not permitted [SL 10/10].
Classrooms and Reserving a Classroom, Lab, or Hall [AA 3/16]
- You can reserve classrooms or Burckart Hall when the buildings are open through the Registrar’s Office.
- You should leave the facilities you use in good order–clean, chairs set up, blackboards clean, windows closed, lights out, and piano keyboards covered
After Hours Reservations
To reserve a classroom, lab, or hall after buildings are closed to practice for a recital, work on group class projects, or complete a class project that requires lab use:
- The class instructor will make a request to the Student Life Office regarding student(s) who desire to use a classroom or computer lab for academic reasons after Dorm Lock. The request must be made at least 24 hours in advance and include:
- Date & Time
- Classroom needed
- All students and non-students involved (individuals not listed on the request may not be in the building after dorm lock unless otherwise authorized).
- Requirements for using classrooms after dorm lock:
- Classrooms may be reserved from 10:00 pm up to midnight (Students working after midnight must have a faculty member present. Security will inspect and lock the room at midnight).
- ALH or OM Conference 101 may not be used after 10:00 p.m. Burckart Hall is reserved through the Fine Arts Department and limited to conducting students and recitalists.
- Furniture, equipment or wiring may not be removed from, disconnected, or added to the classroom.
- If the request is for a lady student only, at least one other lady must be present.
- Mixed gender groups need a minimum of three students present.
- The group must clean the room of all trash and re-set the room as outlined by the room diagram. Failure to comply will result in fines added to the students’ accounts.
- The Student Life Office will reserve the room with the Registrar’s Office.
- The Student Life Office will communicate the request by email to Security, Custodial, the instructor, and Residence Supervisors.
Dining Hall Policies
- Each student is permitted 21 entries per week for meals.
- You must show your MBU ID card to the dining hall checker for every meal.
- Temporary ID cards may be purchased from the Dining Hall Manager; permanent ones may be purchased from the Library.
- Everyone should be out of the dining hall within 15 minutes of the closing time.
- You should clear tables and push chairs in.
- You may not take any food or drink out of the dining hall.
- You must use your MBU ID card to check out materials.
- Any outstanding fines must be paid to receive your final exam slip or to graduate.
- Please respect this facility as a place for quiet study, research, and reading.
Post Office Policies
- You are responsible for your mail daily.
- You should check only your mail.
- Each student at Maranatha has a mailbox which may be shared with one other student. Please include the student box number, on the same line as the name. Mail to students should be addressed as follows: Student Name MPO #
Maranatha Baptist University
745 W. Main St.
Watertown, WI 53094-7638