Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- The weight room is closed at times when it is used for classes, activities, and athletic teams. These times will be posted on the door daily.
- Use of the weight room is available to those in high school and above. High school students must by supervised by a parent or an approved adult.
- Always return equipment to its proper place when finished.
- Never interfere with a person who is lifting.
- Lifters must be properly dressed for exercise (Women ~ Men).
- No street clothes.
- Wear shoes with rubber soles.
- Shorts must come to the top of the knee at all times. Because of the various activities, spandex may be helpful under shorts.
- Couples may not be alone in the weight room. If both genders are present, there must be at least 3 individuals in the weight room.
- Please keep voices at a reasonable level – annoying conduct will not be tolerated.
- Do not drop weights.
- Safety rules:
- Always warm up thoroughly – never attempt bench presses, squats, deadlifts, or power lifts without appropriate warm-up.
- Cool-down exercises should be done when you have completed your exercise.
- Never work out alone – spotters are required for squats, bench lifts, and power lifts.
- Use equipment correctly.
- Use proper exercise techniques.
- Beware of the power lift areas. Those that are not powerlifting must keep their feet clear to prevent injury from falling or bouncing bars.
- Put items back where you found them. Everything in the weight room has a place.
- Please feel free to ask the Athletic Staff on duty any questions concerning the equipment.