- Living in peace and harmony with others requires love for one another and respect for authority. While keeping a set of rules does not make one spiritual, it displays a humble concern for others and a submissive attitude to God-ordained authority. By observing Courtesy Hours, students are helping to maintain an environment that promotes unity and concern for others.
- The purpose of this policy is to make the room conducive for sleeping by controlling the noise and light in the room.
- Saturday—Thursday; midnight until 6:00 a.m.
- Friday—1:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Overhead dormitory room lights must be off at midnight- Leadership will check
- Rooms must be quiet, no talking, music, or computer sounds.
- Studying is permitted with personal lamps in dormitory rooms.
- Students may study together only in a study room or public areas of the dorm.
- Hallways and bathrooms are also quiet areas.
- Out of courtesy, the overhead light should be turned off when the first roommate goes to bed regardless of the time.
Dorm Devotions and Meetings
- All dorm meetings and devotions are required unless excused in advance by the Residence Supervisor.
- Devotions are conducted in the residence halls Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 10:00 pm. to 10:30 pm. Attendance is required.
Off-Campus Students and Dorm Devotions
- Off-Campus students are welcome to visit residence halls as well as to take part in Dorm Devotions.
- Also see visiting the dorms after Dorm Lock.