- The Discipline Committee will meet as necessary to investigate and determine appropriate penalties for infractions.
|25||Student notified of accumulation|
40 on DP
Student meets with Dean of Students
55 on DP
70 on DP
Both on/off campus student meet with a Dean.
85 on DP
Both on/off campus students meet with a Dean.
100 on DP
Students who violate social or dating policies may be separated from each other for a designated period of time and may have their communication with each other restricted (phone calls, notes, emails, text-messaging, etc.).
Disciplinary Probation (DP)
- A student who accumulates 125 or more demerits in a semester will be subject to Disciplinary Probation for that semester and the subsequent semester.
- A student who has been asked to withdraw, has been suspended, or dismissed, will be on Disciplinary Probation when they return.
- Upon enrollment at Maranatha, a student who has been expelled from another institution will be on Disciplinary Probation for their first semester here.
- A student on Disciplinary Probation may expect routine meetings with a Dean for accountability and encouragement.
Disciplinary Probation Consequences
A student who has a status of Disciplinary Probation will have the following restrictions:
- Limited to one EPass per week.
- Required to attend church services in town unless special permission is secured to do otherwise.
- Not eligible for any special awards or recognitions
- Not eligible for any leadership positions (student activities leadership, student office, sports team captains, or student life leadership)
- Not eligible for any Maranatha scholarships.
- In addition to the above restrictions, a student currently serving Disciplinary Probation that incurs new infractions that require another Disciplinary Probation status may not participate in any extracurricular activity (athletics, plays).
- When a student begins a semester on Disciplinary Probation, they are subject to suspension at 100 demerits.
- Any student who ends a semester with 85 or more demerits while on Disciplinary Probation will return under Disciplinary Probation during his or her next semester at Maranatha.
- Any infraction of 50 or more demerits while on Disciplinary Probation may result in Disciplinary Probation for the following semester. [SL 10/16]
- A student who has been dismissed must make arrangements for immediate departure and for removing all personal belongings from the University.
- The student may be required to be in the company of supervisory personnel until leaving the campus.
- A dismissed student suffers the loss of the semester in which he or she was dismissed and may not reapply for a period of ten years.
- A student who has been dismissed must have administrative approval to visit Maranatha’s campus.
- Re-enrollment is based on significant change and positive growth in the student’s personal and spiritual life.
- A student readmitted after having been dismissed returns under Disciplinary Probation.
- All uncompleted classes will receive a failing grade.
- Institutional scholarships will be forfeited.
- A dismissed student who desires to re-enroll at Maranatha must follow the procedure for readmission of students.
Suspension Levels [SL 5/13]
A student may be suspended from Maranatha for:
- Accumulation of 150 or more demerits in a semester.
- Accumulation of 100 demerits during a semester while on Disciplinary Probation
- Suspension can apply in cases where the demerits are accumulated solely or primarily for minor infractions.
- Commission of one or more Testimony infractions.
Suspension Level 1
The student is allowed to finish the semester under disciplinary probation. All credits earned will be added to his cumulative record. The student will not be allowed to return the following semester and must follow the procedure for readmission of students.
Suspension Level 2
The student is not allowed to finish the semester and must leave campus immediately. All class work for the semester will be forfeited. The student may be allowed to return the following semester under disciplinary probation and must follow the procedure for readmission of students.
Suspension Level 3
The student is not allowed to finish the semester and must leave campus immediately. All class work for the semester will be forfeited. The student is required to sit out one additional semester and must follow the procedure for readmission of students. These applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Admissions Committee.
The student’s record will indicate this action as Suspension for Disciplinary Reasons.
A student who is readmitted to Maranatha following a suspension returns under Disciplinary Probation.