When all occupants of a room are out of the residence, the door should be locked. The windows should be closed if rain is expected. Lights must be turned off.
- Students are not to use or search anyone else’s room or belongings without authorization or permission from the Administration.
Room cleaning job schedules must be posted next to the door.
- Room Check is on a Pass/Fail basis [SL 6/14].
- Students who Fail a room check will receive an email notice with the date of the Fail and the offence(s).
- When a student receives his 5th Room Duty Fail notice they are fined $5, which will be automatically added to their school bill. An email notice of the fine will be sent to the student and the Dorm Sup.
- Fines will increase with subsequent Fails (10th Fail fine is $10, 15th Fail is $15, etc.).
Room Check minimum standards for Monday – Friday are as follows:
Dresser/desk/shelving surfaces organized.
Sinks and mirrors cleaned.
- Clothing put away.
- Trash emptied (few items ok).
- (Girl’s) Curling iron or Straightener turned off.
Room cleanliness expectations ~ The Daily Standard
The expected level of cleanliness for your room at all times except for the higher standard at Room Check time.
- Laundry put in its proper place (laundry basket or put away).
- Dresser drawers closed.
- Clean floor (personal items put away, trash put in its proper place).