In the event of a catastrophe such as, but not limited to, fire, smoke, flooding, windstorm, hail, explosion, civil commotion, aircraft, or other vehicle collision, Maranatha Baptist University is not liable for damages to any personal belongings of students. Neither is Maranatha Baptist University liable for theft of personal belongings of students, staff, or faculty members.
Students should be sure that their personal belongings are insured through their parents’ homeowner’s policy or through a renter’s policy.
- You are responsible for your possessions.
- You should not leave your possessions in residence hallways at any time. This is both unsafe and a violation of the local fire code.
- You should not use or borrow items that do not belong to you unless the owner has given you their explicit permission.
Confiscation of Personal Property
Missing Items (Theft)
- Please remember that a false accusation must be avoided. False accusations create bad feelings, unfounded suspicions, and do not help solve the problem.
- The problem usually is not resolved overnight. Reporting the problem promptly is very important.
- When you report the missing item, you will need
- A description of the item (serial numbers, pictures, amounts, etc.).
- Last known location.
- The day and time that it was last seen as well as the day and time that it was discovered missing.
- Names of persons that may have had access to the item.