Over-night guests should be registered with the Welcome Center approximately 10 days in advance. A student who fails to notify the Welcome Center when expecting a guest will be charged the $7 visitor fee.
Student Life Office/Dorm Supervisor approval is required for all former students who desire to stay overnight.
The length of stay for any visitor in the dormitory is three days and two nights.
A $7 fee is charged each night for all non-prospective students.
Unexpected visitors to the residence hall should be courteously asked if the proper arrangements have been made with the Welcome Center.
At no time should an unauthorized visitor be in a room.
Prospective students should not be housed in the dorms on the weekends.
Also see Campus Housing During Breaks
High school guests (9th-12th grades, ages 14-19, ONLY; NOT junior highers, with the exception of tournament teams) may spend up to 2 nights free in our dorms.
- They may not stay in the dorms during Dorms Closed Dates.
College-age students (even from another college) or a recently graduated individual (within the last 3 years) may spend up to 2 nights visiting in the dorms, at a charge of $7/night.
- These guests must notify the Welcome Center concerning their desire to stay at least 48 hours in advance.
- Any request made with less than a 48-hour notice is subject to a $15 late fee.
- If the guest is visiting a boyfriend/girlfriend, he/she is allowed only 2 stays per semester.
- Student Life Office/Dorm Supervisor approval is required for all former students who desire to stay overnight.
Guest arrival times:
- Dorm guests must arrive by 1:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon.
- Guests arriving on Saturday or Sunday may not stay in our dorms.
- Weekend overnight guests should be directed to our local hotels.
- One possible exception would be guests wanting to visit family members or close friends in the dorm over the weekend. In these cases, the dorm student with whom the guest will be staying must contact Guest Relations to confirm their willingness and ability to host a guest for the weekend.
On-Campus Students – Visiting Other Rooms
You are encouraged to visit your friends in other residence halls on campus before dorm lock. Please be considerate of others and do not enter a residence room without permission.
- Students must sleep in the room and bed assigned to them unless authorized by the Residence Supervisor to spend the night elsewhere. Supervisors will not authorize this for Saturday nights.
Also see Off-Limits areas for Men and Women.
Off-campus students may spend the night in a dorm only if the National Weather Service has issued a travel advisory for hazardous road conditions.