[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Believers must develop God-honoring social relationships that maintain a goldly testimony for Christ externally while promoting Christlikness internally in each other. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Students may date only professing believers who are faithfully attending a Bible preaching church (2 Cor. 6:14).
- Couples may not be alone at any time.
- Couples must avoid all off-limit areas.
- Couples may not stay overnight in a home together (without parental permission; see Epass).
- Couples are not to engage in physical contact and are to maintain observable space between them. Side hugs are permissible for photographs.
Dating Non-Maranatha Students
You may date an individual who is not a student at Maranatha provided that:
- You follow the general guidelines above.
- You follow normal EPass procedures.
- Staying in the same home overnight requires parental permission from both parents.
Dating a Maranatha Academy Student
You may obtain an EPass to date an academy senior only if the age difference is 2 years or less.
The academy student must have parental permission.
- Couples may not stay overnight in a home together.
Dating Maranatha Faculty or Staff
If a college student dates a faculty or staff person, the couple is subject to the dating policies to which the student is subject.
Faculty and Staff may date only students who are at least 21 years old or a Junior.
The couple is under the rules for the student with the lesser status. See chart for more information on Passes.
Older students (23 or older) must avoid all off-limit areas.
An older student or graduate student dating another older student, graduate student, faculty, or staff member does not need an EPass and may ride together in a car without a third person.
An older student does not need an EPass to date a younger student. The name of the older student should appear on the student’s EPass that has the lesser status.
You may host mixed groups in your home/apartment if you submit an EPass.
- You can host same gender groups until dorm lock or overnight. Please check the Pass Chart.
- If you are dating an on-campus student then you will need an EPass. Please check the Pass Chart.
- If you are dating another off-campus student and neither of you lives with your parents then you may not be alone in a home, apartment, or car without parental or faculty/staff supervision.
- You are expected to abide by university standards of dress, deportment, and physical contact.
Students living with parents are expected to abide by the general dating guidelines of Maranatha regarding dress, deportment, and physical contact.
Parents/guardians are responsible for the times and places of dating, as well as whether or not a chaperone is needed.