At Maranatha, students are encouraged to use their talents and abilities “To the Praise of His Glory.” God’s Word consistently encourages Christians to use music as a way to worship God and display His majesty to others. The Department of Music Scholarship provides financial support for students who are enrolled in one of the Department of Music degrees.
The potential $3,500 scholarship (granted one year with potential recommendation for a second year) is intended for those enrolled in the Department of Music. A limited number of Department of Music Scholarships are available each year.
Department of Music Scholarship Criteria
- Apply for this scholarship before arriving as a student.
- Complete the admissions process and be accepted to Maranatha.
- Enroll in the Department of Music.
- Complete the Performance Assessment Packet. Contact the Music Office with questions.
- Be a new student at Maranatha.
- Carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential course work each semester. (Note: Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours.)
- Live in a Maranatha residence hall.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Department of Music Scholarship can be approved prior to the submission of the FAFSA, but will not be applied until the FAFSA is complete.
- Download this document to see a complete list of scholarship guidelines.
- The priority deadline for Music Department Scholarships awarded based on the quality of the Performance Assessment Packet and Christian Leadership is March 1. Late scholarship applicants will only be given consideration if any funds remain after awarding the qualifying priority deadline scholarship applicants.
Contact Maranatha’s Financial Aid Office by email or by calling (920) 206-2318 for more information!