A NEW WAY FORWARD
A Humanities program specifically tailored for you.
Years in the Making
A change in the Humanities Program at MBU has been in the works for a number of semesters. The redesign was approved by the administration at the end of November.
Changes in the Marketplace
College admissions and future employment; all have pointed to a need to revisit our program offerings and to make some radical changes to those offerings.
The current programs have served students well for about a decade. The new major is less prescriptive than previous programs and models programs at other universities.
SPEAKING FOR ITSELF
Maranatha Baptist University’s College of Arts and Sciences encompasses a larger number of departments, including the Humanities, Music, and Science departments, than any of the other colleges. With such a large number of majors and minors provided in each of these departments, the College of Arts and Sciences provides a vast array of opportunities for students to train for the workplace and the world.
VIEW UPDATED COURSE STRUCTURE
HUMANITIES PROGRAM LEADERS
- Ph.D. Communications, Regent University (in progress)
- MA Theatre, University of Akron
- BS Secondary Education, Maranatha Baptist University
- MS Communication, University Wisconsin-Whitewater
- BS Speech Education, Maranatha Baptist University
- CELTA Certification, Cambridge
- MS English Education, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- MS School Administration, Maranatha Baptist University
- BS Christian Education, Faith Baptist Bible College
WHAT CAN THIS NEW PROGRAM DO FOR ME?
The new majors allow you to tailor your program to fit your interests, goals, and strengths.
The new majors allow you, through your minor program and open electives, to add skill sets to your toolbox.
Employers are looking for communication skills, teamwork skills, and problem-solving skills this program enables you to develop.