The graduate certificate in Biblical Counseling includes practical, foundational counseling classes covering marriage, family, and crisis counseling from a biblical worldview. Designed for a student who seeks graduate-level biblical counseling courses, the certificate option prepares students for a biblical counseling ministry within the context of the local church, in areas such as missionary service, youth work, campus work, or Bible teaching.
Do you desire to be a wise counselor? Are you in full-time ministry, or perhaps a different vocation, but want to be a more effective communicator of biblical counsel for those struggling with sin? If so, consider the Seminary’s Master of Biblical Counseling degree. The curriculum includes practical courses in topics such as crisis counseling and addictive behavior, while providing a solid foundation of biblical and theological courses from which to build practical applications.
Graduate Certificate in Biblical Counseling
METHODS OF BIBLICAL CHANGE
COUNSELING PROBLEMS and PROCEDURES
Marriage and Family Counseling
LEARNING OPTIONS FOR GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL COUNSELING
Available with a blend of online and virtual or on-campus classes. The entire program may be completed at a distance.
Take online courses in 8-week sessions with no required attendance or in live full-semester virtual classes.
All students must take at least 2 live classes, either virtually or on-campus.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL COUNSELING
This certificate seeks to prepare students to do the following:
To articulate biblical and systematic theology with scriptural support using a dispensational hermeneutical fra mework.
- To exercise biblical discernment in assessing cultural issues and behavioral norms.
- To communicate God’s Word effectively in response to common counseling issues.
To evaluate dispositions of listening and relating to counselees for the purpose of leading them toward spiritual restoration and growth.
- To demonstrate faithfulness in ministry at a baptistic, separatist church.
- A minimum of 12 semester hours of approved credit must be completed for the Biblical Counseling graduate certificate.
- Applicants to the graduate certificate must have completed a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree from an approved institution.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better must be earned. A maximum of two C grades will be credited toward graduation.
- Applicants may be required to make up deficiencies without credit in any of the departments at the discretion of the Academic Senate.
- If you are interested in certification as a biblical counselor, please choose the Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling. The MABC prepares you for external certification with certain associations as a biblical counselor whereas the graduate certificate in Biblical Counseling does not provide certification in the field of Biblical Counseling.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN BIBLICAL COUNSELING COURSES
The time we spent at Maranatha was one of the most valuable times of our lives. Not only did we receive excellent instruction and great resources, but our professors encouraged us to think through issues. We built friendships with many of our teachers and could reach out to any of them today, confident they would take time to respond. There’s a passion both for ministry and excellent theological training at Maranatha.
Chip Herbert, MDiv, 2013
Sara (Pill) Herbert, MA in Biblical Counseling, 2013
Seminary training at Maranatha empowered me to think biblically, write succinctly, speak persuasively, and live sincerely. In my experience, there is not better way to prepare for impacting the world through informed Great Commission living than attending Maranatha Baptist Seminary.
Jon Rehfeldt, MA in Biblical Studies, 2008, and Master of Divinity, 2011
The style of the MBS classes also made it simple to fit in schoolwork with other responsibilities of life. I never felt like my classes were controlling my time beyond what was reasonable. This was mainly a credit to the attitude of the professors, who were always willing to work with potential ministry conflicts.
Caleb Farmer, MA in Biblical Counseling, 2017