Master of Education in Teaching and Learning
Our Master of Education program helps professionals translate the science of learning into practical methods of instruction. Designed to equip educators with graduate-level tools and the theory needed to promote excellence, our program emphasizes teaching to the heart and building Christian character.
Join us online! Learn new ideas and innovations from fellow scholars and experienced co-laborers, and enjoy access to leaders in the field of education. Reignite your enthusiasm for learning and teaching, and prepare yourself and your students for future opportunities.
The foundational vision of the Master of Education in Teaching and Learning degree is to prepare discerning educational professionals who are able to understand and utilize research and knowledge in the field of education to improve their effectiveness by optimizing the learning environment for all students.
Take advantage of our choice of Concentrations within the MEd Program. Students can choose the concentration or mix and match electives to meet their own professional development goals.
Your degree. On your schedule.
Complete our 32-credit program in 12 months, or take one class a session and finish in 2 years. Earn our Master of Education degree online in a flexible format that meets the demands of your life and schedule. See our FULL CATALOG.
- MBU 500 - Graduate Success in Online Learning
- EDUC 510 - History and Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 515 - Research Design in Education
- EDUC 520 - Student Learning and Motivation
- EDUC 530 - Curriculum Theory and Practice
- EDUC 535 - Instructional Improvement through Assessment
- EDUC 545 - Exceptionality in Student Learning
- EDUC 600 - Action Research
- EDUC 540 - Biblical Perspectives in Human Relations and Counseling
- EDUC 550 - Leadership and Change in Education
- EDUC 555 - Technology for Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 560 - Perspectives on Character Education
Choose 4 Courses
- MOL 505 - Theological & Historical Foundations of Organizational Leadership
- MOL 510 - Theories & Models of Leadership
- MOL 515 - Organizational Leadership Behavior
- MOL 520 - Organizational Communication
- MOL 530 - Strategic Leadership & Organizational Change
- MOL 550 - Budgetary & Financial Management
- EDUC 550 - Leadership & Change in Education
Special Education Concentration
Choose 4 Courses
- ELSP 510 - Inclusive Classroom Strategies for Exceptional Students
- EDUC 525 - Classroom Management & Positive Behavior Management
- ELSP 530 - Diagnosis & Treatment of Reading Difficulties
- ELSP 540 - Educational Diagnosis & Assessment
- ELSP 550 - Collaboration, Communication, & Transition: From School to Community
- ELSP 560 - Methods in Cross-Categorical Education for Special Needs Learning
- ELSP 590 - Special Education Practicum
- Offered completely online
- Finish in two years
- Thirty-two credits
- Regionally-accredited degree
- Start at your convenience
Our pricing makes the program feasible and affordable. A new scholarship—the Teaching & Leading Scholarship—is available for those employed in full-time vocational ministry who wish to pursue the MEd or MOL. The scholarship covers 60 percent of the cost of tuition, reducing tuition costs to $184.00 per credit hour. Read more about the scholarship.
The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning is approved by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the largest regional accreditation association in the United States.
Maranatha Baptist University itself is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) under the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), an accreditation pathway based upon the principles of continuous quality improvement. The Master of Education in Teaching and Learning was crafted to include classes commonly required for teacher licensure in many states.
Maranatha offers a Graduate Assistant program for a limited number of graduate students. The Graduate Assistant Program has been designed to provide compensation to enable a graduate student to complete a master’s degree. You can find more details HERE.
Our Master of Education program provides manageable options that are available to you wherever you live and work. As an online graduate student, you have access to exemplary leaders in the field of education and the opportunity to network with educators from around the world. The online environment provides for universal participation and mutual exchange while allowing flexibility for life schedules, employment obligations, and ministry commitments. Students work their way through the online program one course at a time with no residential requirements. The full course of study is designed to be completed in two years, but includes the flexibility of taking breaks and finishing within five years.
2017 - 2018 Course Sequence
|Course||Fall A 2017||Fall B 2017||Spring A 2018||Spring B 2018||Sum A 2018||Sum B 2018|
|Aug 29-Oct 21||Oct 24-Dec 16||Jan 16-March 10||March 13-May 5||May 8-June 30||July 3-Aug 25|
|EDUC 510 History & Philosophy of Education||FULL||X||X|
|EDUC 515 Research Design in Education||CLOSED||X|
|EDUC 520 Student Learning & Motivation||X||X|
|EDUC 530 Curriculum Theory & Practice||1 Opening||X||X|
|EDUC 535 Instructional Improvement Through Assessment||7 Openings||X||X|
|EDUC 540 Biblical Counseling & Human Relations||CLOSED||X||X|
|EDUC 545 Exceptionality in Education||CLOSED||X|
|EDUC 550 Leadership & Change in Education||FULL||X|
|EDUC 555 Technology in Education||CLOSED||X|
|EDUC 560 Perspectives in Character Education||X||X|
|EDUC 600 Action Research||As needed||As needed||As needed||As needed||As needed||As needed|