Is the Lord calling you to serve as a pastor, assistant, youth pastor, missionary, evangelist, or Bible teacher? If so, consider a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies. This program emphasizes biblical languages, biblical studies, and theological courses, while providing you with classroom opportunities to learn about practical pastoral issues. You’ll benefit from professors skilled in all aspects of ministry as well as the personal mentoring of experienced pastors as you serve in a local church.
Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
Is the Lord calling you to serve as a pastor, assistant, youth pastor, missionary, evangelist, or Bible teacher? If so, consider Maranatha Baptist Seminary Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree. This program emphasizes biblical languages, biblical studies, and theological courses, while providing you with classroom opportunities to learn about practical pastoral issues. You’ll benefit from professors skilled in all aspects of ministry as well as the personal m entoring of experienced pastors as you serve in a local church.
MASTER OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The Pastor, Church, and Law
Advanced Small Groups
Theology of Prayer and Worship
LEARNING OPTIONS FOR MASTER OF ARTS
IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The entire program may be completed online or on campus.
This degree may be completed online in 8-week sessions with no required attendance or in live full-semester virtual classes.
MASTER OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
This program seeks to prepare students to do the following:
- To comprehend and articulate basic elements of biblical and systematic theology; to assess current trends in theology, biblical interpretation, and culture; to compare those trends with biblical truth; and thus be able to correctly accept, reject, or correct such trends.
- To interpret, preach, and teach God’s Word from a dispensational hermeneutic.
- To develop a basic understanding of the biblical languages and apply that understanding to the preparation and delivery of sermons and lessons.
- To have a basic understanding of church history and be able to evaluate past and current events in their historical contexts.
- To demonstrate faithfulness to the Holy Spirit’s work through God’s Word in his or her personal life and ministry.
- A minimum of 33 semester hours of approved credit must be completed for the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies.
- The Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an approved institution must be held by the applicant.
- No more than 12 semester hours of graduate credit fro m another institution may be applied toward this degree.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better must be earned. A maximum of two C grades will be credited toward graduation.
- Applicants may be required to make up deficiencies without credit in any of the departments at the discretion of the Academic Senate.
MASTER OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES COURSES
The time we spent at Maranatha was one of the most valuable times of our lives. Not only did we receive excellent instruction and great resources, but our professors encouraged us to think through issues. We built friendships with many of our teachers and could reach out to any of them today, confident they would take time to respond. There’s a passion both for ministry and excellent theological training at Maranatha.
Chip Herbert, MDiv, 2013
Sara (Pill) Herbert, MA in Biblical Counseling, 2013
Seminary training at Maranatha empowered me to think biblically, write succinctly, speak persuasively, and live sincerely. In my experience, there is not better way to prepare for impacting the world through informed Great Commission living than attending Maranatha Baptist Seminary.
Jon Rehfeldt, MA in Biblical Studies, 2008, and Master of Divinity, 2011
The style of the MBS classes also made it simple to fit in schoolwork with other responsibilities of life. I never felt like my classes were controlling my time beyond what was reasonable. This was mainly a credit to the attitude of the professors, who were always willing to work with potential ministry conflicts.
Caleb Farmer, MA in Biblical Counseling, 2017