Flourish Women’s Leadership Retreat
Monday, August 14 – Wednesday, August 16, 2023
We are delighted to invite you to Maranatha’s first Flourish Women’s Leadership Retreat! Our goal is to encourage pastors’ wives and those leading women’s ministries in the local church to continue personally flourishing in their walk with the Lord!
Claudia Barba is familiar with the demands and joys of ministry. After growing up as a pastor’s daughter, she married Dave Barba, who during their 50 years of marriage has been a pastor, church planter, and itinerant evangelist.
Claudia and Dave now travel helping new and struggling churches through Press On! Ministries. Claudia is the author of five Bible study books and The Monday Morning Club, a book of encouragement for women in ministry. The Barbas have three adult children and seven perfect grandchildren.
Rebecca Brock is a gifted women’s teacher with a passion for the local church and women’s ministry. She graduated from MBU with a bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts and has since earned an MEd in English and an MA in Bible. Rebecca teaches Expository Teaching for Women and women’s ministry courses in the College of Bible and Church Ministries at MBU where her husband, Bryan, is a Bible professor.
The Brocks live in Oconomowoc, WI with their four children, and are on staff at their local church. Rebecca enjoys bargain shopping, decorating, cheering her children on at sporting events, and sushi dates with her husband!
- Check-in will be on Monday between 4:00-5:15 PM, with dinner beginning at 5:30 PM.
- Dorm housing is no longer available.
- Please dress nicely and comfortably! We want this to truly be a refreshing, laid-back retreat.
- You may address hospitality/registration type questions to Karrie.Flegal@mbu.edu and other questions about the format and activities of the retreat to Cherie.Graham@mbu.edu
- There is a block of 10 rooms at these hotels. If you desire to stay in one, please reserve it by July 15, 2023.
- Best Western – $104/night. 101 Aviation Way, Watertown, Wisconsin 53094 | 920.262.1910
- Days Inn – $89/night. West 4545 Linmar Lane, Johnson Creek, Wisconsin 53038 | 920.343.6613
Pricing & Registration
Registration Fee – $15
Conference total fee – $75. After April 30, $100.
Fees include meals.
Please contact Karrie Flegal at email@example.com regarding registration.