Majoring or minoring in English at MBU prepares you to be a compelling communicator in any job and a blessing in any ministry. Whether your future holds writing magazine articles, correspondence, books, or sermons, majoring in English enhances your ability to communicate clearly. Courses expose you to enduring literary works, refine your research skills, and emphasize critical thinking and effective writing. This program is also an excellent springboard for in-depth study in graduate school.
- Copy editor
- Creative writer
- Teaching English as a second language
- Linguistic specialist
- Literacy tutor
- Literature specialist
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
English Program Outcomes
- Students are able to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students are able to do scholarly research.
- Students are able to communicate clearly to a range of audiences in writing or in speaking.
- Students demonstrate the ability to analyze literary works.
- Students are able to communicate the characteristics of Western culture through interaction with American and British literature.