The English Education program teaches you to exercise critical thinking skills, understand the linguistic principles behind the English language, and sharpen your composition skills in a variety of genres such as creative, technical, journalistic, and argumentative writing. Majoring in English Education acquaints you with the history, philosophy, and modern trends of education, as well as the latest technology and teaching techniques. This degree program prepares you to engage others in an exciting and challenging world of literature, composition, and grammar.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify a variety of differences among students and individualize instruction accordingly.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for instruction, incorporating a wide variety of strategies for instruction and classroom management.
- Students will demonstrate thorough knowledge and application to the teaching of English.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct and interpret a wide variety of assessments.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to teach content according to a biblical worldview.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Introduction to Sociology (3)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- Concepts in Biochemistry (3)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
Total Credits: 14
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Freshman Fieldwork (0)
- Foundations of Education (2)
- The Modern World (3)
- Math Elective (3)
- Music Elective (2)
Total Credits: 16
- Early Childhood Education
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Studies Education
Potential Career Fields
- Literacy tutor
- Writing lab coordinator
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
MS English Education, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
MS School Administration, Maranatha Baptist University
BS Christian Education, Faith Baptist Bible College
MA English, Bob Jones University
BA English, Bob Jones University
MEd Teaching English, Bob Jones University
BS English Education, Bob Jones University
MA History, Clemson University
BS Social Studies Education, Bob Jones University