Do your natural gifts lie in communications? Do you enjoy and excel at conveying information clearly? This fallen culture needs techno-savvy Christians, qualified for careers in the communications industry. Within this major, you study five main mediums: photography, speech, dramatic productions, technical theatre, and digital media, with a specialized concentration in the medium of your choice. Whether your strengths lie behind the scenes or behind the microphone, a Communication Arts degree provides you with a wide range of career and ministry opportunities.
- Students will demonstrate high-level communication skills, especially in their chosen track of study.
- Students will demonstrate increased levels of media literacy and active awareness of the impact media have on our lives and culture.
- Students will be prepared to make informed, meaningful, and ethical choices as receivers of messages and professional-level producers of messengers.
- Students will develop visual or physical products that demonstrate aesthetic quality.
- Students will articulate the Scriptural worldview governing their works within the field of communication arts.
Suggested Course Schedule
- Elements of Photography (3)
- Website Design 1 (3)
- Old Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 1 (3)
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2)
- The Modern World (3)
Total Credits: 17
- New Testament Survey (3)
- English Composition 2 (3)
- Introduction to Online Communications (3)
- Visual Communications (3)
- Persuasion (2)
- Humanities Elective (3)
Total Credits: 17
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Digital Media Communications
- Humanities: Cross Cultural
Potential Career Fields
- Multimedia specialist
- Television and broadcasting
- Graphic designer
- Speech Writer
- Theatre worker and designer
- Artistic Director
- Corporate and government communicator
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
MBU Program Faculty
Meet some of the people in who lead this program
Ph.D. Communications, Regent University (in progress)
MA Theatre, University of Akron
BS Secondary Education, Maranatha Baptist University
MFA Photography, Academy of Art University
MA Multimedia Communications, Academy of Art University
BS Bible, Pillsbury Baptist Bible College
MFA Motion Pictures and Television, Academy of Art University
BBA New Media Marketing, Maranatha Baptist University
MS Communication, University Wisconsin-Whitewater
BS Speech Education, Maranatha Baptist University
CELTA Certification, Cambridge