Do your natural gifts lie in communications? Do you enjoy and excel at conveying information clearly? This fallen culture needs techno-savvy Christians, qualified for careers in the communications industry. Within this major, you study four main mediums: photography, speech, dramatic productions, and digital media, with a specialized concentration in the medium of your choice. Whether your strengths lie behind the scenes or behind the microphone, a Communication Arts degree provides you with a wide range of career and ministry opportunities.
- Multimedia specialist
- Television and broadcasting
- Graphic designer
- Speech Writer
- Theatre worker and designer
- Artistic Director
- Corporate and government communicator
*Some careers and employment positions require graduate degrees, specialized training, or additional certification and licenses.
Humanities: Communication Arts Program Outcomes
- Students are able to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students are able to do scholarly research.
- Students are able to communicate clearly to a range of audiences in writing or in speaking.
- Student demonstrate the ability to analyze literary works.
- Students are able to communicate the characteristics of Western culture through interaction with American and British literature.