Maranatha has trained Christian educators for more than 40 years. Our graduates teach around the world in every imaginable educational setting. The $3,500 per year Teacher Education Scholarship has been implemented to encourage those called to educational ministry.
The potential $14,000 scholarship (up to $3,500 per year for four years) is intended for those majoring in any one of our Teacher Education majors.
The scholarship will be awarded to students based upon their self-evaluation describing why they have chosen a Teacher Education major, future educational career and ministry plans, and academic ability.
Teacher Education Scholarship Criteria
Teacher Education Scholarship applicants must:
- Apply for the scholarship before arriving as a student.
- Complete the admissions process and be accepted to Maranatha.
- Enroll in the School of Education.
- Be a new student at Maranatha.
- Carry at least 12 credit hours of Maranatha residential class work each semester. (Note: Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours.)
- Live in a Maranatha residence hall.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Teacher Education Scholarship can be approved prior to the submission of the FAFSA, but will not be applied until the FAFSA is complete.
- Contact Maranatha’s Financial Aid Office by email or by calling (920) 206-2318 for more information!
- The student must have a major in the School of Education and will be required to have an annual affirmation of continuation (with School of Education approval). • Scholarship applications must be submitted before arriving as a student.
- The student must be a new student at Maranatha and carry at least 12 hours of Maranatha residential (main campus) class work each semester. Hours taken at other institutions do not count toward the 12 hours at Maranatha
- The student must live in a Maranatha residence hall.
- The student must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than 30 days after the start of their first semester. The FAFSA must be completed for each following school year by Nov. 1/April 1 of the appropriate semester.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements: Semester final grades (cumulative GPA) determine eligibility for the following semester.
- FRESHMEN must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the end of their second semester.
- SOPHOMORES must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher at the end of each semester.
- JUNIORS AND SENIORS must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the end of each semester.
- The award will be credited to the student’s account on or about November 15 and April 15 of each year, provided the student has maintained eligibility.
- The student must be enrolled at the time of disbursement to have the awarded funds credited to his/her account.
- The scholarship will not be credited any semester the recipient has over 100 demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation). If a student ends a semester with 125 or more demerits (85 if on disciplinary probation), (s)he will not be eligible for the scholarship the following semester.
A limited number of Teacher Education Scholarships are available each year. Students are eligible to receive only one Maranatha-sponsored scholarship unless otherwise noted. A student may not qualify for more than eight semesters. Once a student loses eligibility, the scholarship is forfeited.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to discontinue or reduce any scholarship and/or make changes to the scholarship criteria.