Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- 1 Peter. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Jobes, Karen.
“In this newest addition to the acclaimed BECNT series, respected New Testament scholar Karen H. Jobes provides a fresh commentary on 1 Peter.
1 Peter admirably achieves the dual aims of the BECNT series–it is academically sophisticated as well as pastorally sensitive and accessible. This volume features Jobes’s own translation of the Greek text and detailed interaction with the meaning of the text, emphasizing the need to read 1 Peter in light of its cultural background.
Jobes’s commentary will help pastors, students, and teachers better understand the Christian’s role as a “foreigner” in contemporary society.” -Amazon
Here are some other books on 1 Peter that might interest you.
- First Peter. Hiebert, D. Edmond.
- The Books of James and 1, 2 Peter: Faith, Suffering, and Knowledge. 21st Century Biblical Commentary. Baker, William.
- 1 Peter. Tyndale New Testament Commentaries. Grudem, Wayne.
- 1 Peter. Word Biblical Commentary. Michaels, J. Ramsey.
- 1, 2 Peter, Jude. The New American Commentary. Schreiner, Thomas R.