Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Charismatic Chaos. MacArthur, John F.
“The charismatic movement of the past quarter-century has made an impact on the church unparalleled in history. But one legacy of the movement is confusion and mushy thinking. In Charismatic Chaos, John F. MacArthur calls for biblical evaluation and analyzes the doctrinal differences between charismatics and non-charismatics in the light of Scripture. ‘My principal concern,’ writes John MacArthur, ‘is to call the church to a firm commitment to the purity and authority of the Scriptures, and thereby to strengthen the unity of the true church.’ To tough questions that seem to divide, Charismatic Chaos provides tougher answers that strive to unite. This book tackles such questions as – Is experience a valid test of truth? – Does God still give revelation? – Prophets, fanatics, or heretics? – Does God still heal? – What should we think of the Signs and Wonders movement? – Does the Bible promise health and wealth?” -Amazon.com
Here are some other recommended books on the Holy Spirit that you might be interested in
- The Holy Spirit. Walvoord, John F.
- He Who Gives Life: The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Cole, Graham A.
- The Holy Spirit. Ferguson, Sinclair
- The New Covenant Ministry of the Holy Spirit. Pettegrew, Larry.
- The Holy Spirit.Ryrie, Charles Caldwell.
- The Holy Spirit in the New Testament. Swete, H.B.
- The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament. Wood, Leon J.