Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Christianity Through the Centuries. Cairns, Earle E.
“The third edition of Christianity Through the Centuries brings the reader up-to-date by discussing events and developments in the church into the 1990s. This edition has been redesigned with new typography and greatly improved graphics to increase clarity, accessibility, and usefulness. – New chapters examine recent trends and developments (expanding the last section from 2 chapters to 5) – New photos. Over 100 photos in all — more than twice the number in the previous edition – Single-column format for greater readability and a contemporary look – Improved maps (21) and charts (39) Building on the features that have made Christianity Through the Centuries an indispensable text, the author not only explains the development of doctrines, movements, and institutions, but also gives attention to “the impact of Christianity on its times and to the mark of the times on Christianity.” – Amazon.com
Here are some other books on Church history that might interest you.
- A Summary of Christian History. Baker, Robert A. rev. by John M. Landers.
- History of the Christian Church, 8 vols. Schaff, Philip.
- Two Kingdoms: The Church and Culture Through the Ages. Clouse, Robert. G., et al.
- Chronological and Background Charts of Church History. Walton, Robert C. and Earl E. Cairns.