Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Creative Bible Teaching. Richards, Lawrence and Gary J. Bredfeldt.
“Are you a bridge builder? Communicating the Scriptures is much like building a bridge. However, instead of ravines or rivers, the teacher must span both cultural boundaries and great gulfs of time between the present and the past of Moses, David, Jesus, and Paul. This bridge must reach even further. The student must be able to cross both into the past and into his own future. God’s Word is “living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword” (Hebrews 4:12). It is contemporary, relevant. But it is the teacher who has the task of helping the student to see its vast treasures. This is no easy task, but it can be done through creative Bible teaching.
Together, Richards and Bredfeldt have written a book on bridge-building that reveals a detailed five-step process by which Christian educators can construct a bridge across time, geography, and culture.” -Amazon.com
Here some other recommended books on Church Ministry that might interest you.
- Foundations of Ministry: An Introduction to Christian Education for a New Generation Grand Rapids: Baker, 1992. Anthony, Michael.
- Generation : From Birth to Age 12. Choun, Robert and Michael Lawson.
- The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Teaching. Gangel, Kenneth and Howard Hendricks.
- Teaching to Change Lives: Seven Proven Ways to Make Your Teaching Come Alive. Hendricks, Howard.
- The Successful Sunday school and Teachers’ Guidebook. Towns, Elmer L.