Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch. Alexander, T. Desmond and David W. Baker, eds.
“The Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch is the first in a four-volume series covering the text of the Old Testament. Following in the tradition of the four award-winning IVP dictionaries focused on the New Testament and its background, this encyclopedic work is characterized by close attention to the text of the Old Testament and the ongoing conversation of contemporary scholarship. In exploring the major themes and issues of the Pentateuch, editors T. Desmond Alexander and David W.Baker, with an international and expert group of scholars, inform and challenge through authoritative overviews, detailed examinations and new insights from the world of the ancient Near East. The Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch is designed to be your first stop in the study and research of the Pentateuch, on which the rest of the Bible is built.” -Amazon.com
Here are some other books on the Pentateuch that might interest you
- The Patriarchal Age. Pfeiffer, Charles F.
- An Introduction to the Old Testament Pentateuch. Wolf, Herbert.
- From Paradise to the Promised Land: An Introduction to the Pentateuch. Alexander, T. Desmond.
- The Pentateuch as Narrative: A Biblical-Theological Commentary. Sailhamer, John H.
- The Meaning of the Pentateuch: Revelation, Composition and Interpretation.Sailhammer, John H.