Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Hebrews: An Anchor for the Soul. Volume 1. Preaching the Word. Hughes, R. Kent.
“The book of Hebrews conveys a double dose of spiritual power. It not only presents the greatness of Christ in ways no other New Testament writing does, but it repeatedly demands a heart response from the reader. No one can study Hebrews and not grow spiritually and come face to face in a new way with Christ.
It is also true that no New Testament book has had more background research than Hebrews, and none has spawned a greater diversity of opinion. However, virtually all agree that the grand theme of this epistle is the supremacy and finality of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Life-changing themes come from God to us in this marvelous epistle. The unequalled glories of Jesus Christ—the solemn danger of drifting away from dependence on divine grace—a heavenly high priest who understands and is ever ready to help—the rest only God can give, even in the middle of trials and of demanding ministry—the hope that is ours through a blood covenant with an awesome God—these and other topics from Hebrews must be understood and put to work practically if we are to live and serve as God’s people today.
Those who preach, teach, and study the Word of God will find this book a gold mine of helpful discussion a Bible book easily misunderstood and often overlooked. With divisions and outlines that are never forced but flow naturally from the text, Hebrews will be a great resource for all who desire to communicate God’s truth and seek to grow in their own faith through personal Bible study. Part of the Preaching the Word series.” – Amazon.com
Here are some other books that might interest you.
- Hebrews: An Anchor for the Soul. Volume 2. Preaching the Word. Hughes, R. Kent.
- Hebrews 1-8. Word Biblical Commentary. Lane, William L.
- Hebrews 9-13. Word Biblical Commentary. Lane, William L.
- The Message of Hebrews. The Bible Speaks Today. Brown, Raymond.
- The Epistle to the Hebrews. The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Bruce, F. F.
- A Commentary on the Epistle to the Hebrews. Hughes, Philip E.
- The Epistle to the Hebrews. Kent, Homer A., Jr.
- Hebrews. NIV Application Commentary. Guthrie, George.