Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
“In 2006, Christianity Today voted this title to be one of the top 50 books that have shaped evangelicals! For over 40 years, J. I. Packer’s classic has been an important tool to help Christians around the world discover the wonder, the glory and the joy of knowing God. In 2006, Christianity Today voted this title one of the top 50 books that have shaped evangelicals, and this 20th anniversary edition is updated with Americanized language and spelling, and a new preface by the author. Stemming from Packer’s profound theological knowledge, Knowing God brings together two important facets of the Christian faith— knowing about God and also knowing God through the context of a close relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. Written in an engaging and practical tone, this thought-provoking work seeks to transform and enrich the Christian understanding of God. Explaining both who God is and how we can relate to him, Packer divides his book into three sections: The first directs our attention to how and why we know God, the second to the attributes of God and the third to the benefits enjoyed by a those who know him intimately. This guide leads readers into a greater understanding of God while providing advice to gaining a closer relationship with him as a result.” -Amazon.com
- The Existence and Attributes of God. Charnock, Stephen.
- The Doctrine of God. A Theology of Lordship. John M. Frame.
- The Doctrine of God. Bray, Gerald.
- God in Three Persons: A Contemporary Interpretation of the Trinity. Erickson, Millard J.
- God the Father Almighty: A Contemporary Exploration of the Divine Attributes. Erickson, Millard J.
- Name No One Like Him: The Doctrine of God. Feinberg, John.
- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, and Relevance. Ware, Bruce.