Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- The Letter of James. Pillar New Testament Commentary. Moo, Douglas J.
“Few books in the New Testament are better known or more often quoted as the Letter of James. Because James is so concise, so intensely practical, and so filled with memorable metaphors and illustrations, it has become one of the two or three most popular New Testament books in the church.
This highly original commentary seeks to make the Letter of James clear and applicable to Christian living today. Interacting with the latest views on James but keeping academic references to a minimum, Douglas Moo first introduces the Letter of James in its historical context and then provides verse-by-verse comments that explain the message of James both to its first readers and to today’s church.” – Amazon
Here are some other books on James that might interest you.
- James. Hiebert, D. Edmond.
- The Books of James and 1, 2 Peter: Faith, Suffering, and Knowledge. 21st Century Biblical Commentary Series. Baker, William.
- Faith That Works: Studies and the Epistle of James.Kent, Homer A., Jr.
- James. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. McCartney, Dan.
- The Epistle of James. New International Greek Testament Commentary. Davids, Peter.