Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Matthew. Moody Gospel Commentary. Glasscock, Ed.
“Jesus is the rightful heir to the throne. Called ‘a literary masterpiece,’ Matthew’s gospel emphasizes Jesus’ right to the throne of David and God’s faithfulness in fulfilling His promise of the Messiah, despite the failure of Israel. Guiding the reader through a careful examination of the first gospel, Dr. Ed Glasscock brings a fresh vividness and depth of background to the account of the earthly life and ministry of Jesus Christ. Whether used as a teaching resource or for personal study, this insightful commentary will add breadth and precision to your understanding of Matthew’s gospel with such tools as:- Historical insights- Verse-by-verse exposition- Cultural information- Grammatical and syntactical studies- Homiletic suggestions at the end of each chapterThis commentary on Matthew presents a theological and historical perspective of Jesus that will help believers better understand the significance and reality of His person, life, and mission. Balancing serious scholarship and practical teaching, this volume illuminates Matthew’s apologetic for the messiahship of Jesus Christ.” – Amazon.com
Here are some other books on Matthew that might interest you.
- The Gospel According to Matthew. Pillar New Testament Commentary.Morris, Leon.
- Matthew. The New American Commentary. Blomberg, Craig L.
- Commentary on Matthew. Broadus, John A.
- Matthew 1-12. The Expositor’s Bible Commentary. Carson, D. A.
- Matthew 13-28. The Expositor’s Bible Commentary. Carson, D. A.
- The Gospel of the King: A Commentary on Matthew. Custer, Stewart.
- The Gospel of Matthew: The King is Coming. 21st Century Biblical Commentary Series. Hindson, Ed and James Borland.
- Behold the King: A Study of Matthew. Toussaint, Stanley.