Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- The Message of Judges. Wilcock, Michael.
“The book of Judges contains some of the most famous of the Bible’s stories, as well as some of the least known. In them we find much that is attractive but perhaps more that is repulsive. They show us the deepest sin of humanity, but we see that sin in the light of God’s abundant grace. Behind judges of Israel like Samson, Jephthah and Barak stands a Judge, discerning and deciding. Michael Wilcock shows that God never abandons his people, then or now. The Judge of all ensures that they will never manage to destroy themselves, even though it may look as if they are on course for disaster. Ultimately the book of Judges is the story of God’s grace.” -Amazon.com
Here are some other books on Judges that may interest you.
- The Distressing Days of the Judges . Wood, Leon.
- Judges-Ruth. The New American Commentary. Block, Daniel I.
- Judges and Ruth. Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries. Cundall, Arthur E. and Leon Morris.
- Judges: Such A Great Salvation. Focus on the Bible. Davis, Dale Ralph.