Click on the title to order from Amazon; your purchase helps Maranatha. You can also click on the button to view the full Pastor’s Library
- Second Corinthians. 21st Century Biblical Commentary Series. Mitchell, Dan.
“LIKE A MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER or a couch in the locker room at halftime., Paul addresses the Corinthian believers as a friend, a mentor, and a apostle. At a point where others trying to manipulate them as a sect of Judaism, denying the gospel of grace, Paul’s passion and zeal are more apparent in this book than in any of his other writings.
Today, the struggle is not for Christianity to be unique from Judaism, but to be unique among the melting pot of religions in the world. And that which set us apart, the grace of God to send His Son to die on the cross, has never been more under siege.
Paul had declared the truths of the gospel, but others came to Corinth after him and sough to undermine all he had tough. The Christians in Jerusalem were in dire need of help. The false teachers were claiming that Paul was not even an apostle. Rumors and half-truths were common rhetoric. In order to defend the truth, Paul had to defend the call God had placed upon him, and all the things that call had led him to endure. Dan Mitchell brings Paul’s word into focus challenge every believer to defend the truth, to care for those in need, and to work together in unity to accomplish the goal of presenting Christ to a dying needy world.” – Amazon.com
Here are some other books that might interest you.
- 1 and 2 Corinthians. The New Century Bible Commentary Series. Bruce, F. F.
- The Second Epistle to the Corinthians. The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Barnett, Paul.
- 2 Corinthians. The New American Commentary. Garland, David E.
- Stand Firm in the Faith: An Exposition of 2 Corinthians. Gromacki, Robert.
- 2 Corinthians. Hafemann, Scott.
- A Heart Opened Wide: Studies in 2 Corinthians. Kent, Homer A., Jr.